• Home   /  
  • Archive by category "1"

University Of Houston Post Bac Admissions Essay

Non-Degree seeking students are those who are seeking admission for reasons other than the pursuit of a degree such as personal enrichment, graduate certificates or job enhancement. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid. Should you decide to pursue a degree, you must reapply, pay the application fee and submit all of the required documents. Credit earned in non-degree status will not automatically be applicable to a specific academic degree program. Some graduate level courses are restricted to only degree-seeking students and the number of hours that can be applied to a Candidate Plan of Study(CPS)/degree plan may be limited.


Transients are students who will enroll in a non-degree-seeking status at UHCL for only one semester, generally to transfer coursework to another institution. Transient students must provide all documents required for admission prior to registration. In some cases, you may be exempt from the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirement. However, all other admission requirements must be met.


A post-baccalaureate student has earned a bachelor’s degree or higher and is seeking to enroll for additional course work at the undergraduate level. An applicant to the teacher certification program, who will not pursue a graduate degree, should enroll as a post-baccalaureate student. Applicants who are seeking a second bachelor’s must submit all previous official transcripts. Applicants who are non-degree seeking must submit official transcripts for the highest degree earned and the last institution attended.

What is a post-baccalaureate plan? A non-degree seeking deficiency plan prepared from transcript evaluations that specifies the course work and requirements a person holding at least a bachelor's degree needs to complete the undergraduate academic requirements for the Didactic Program in Dietetics at the University of Houston.

If you have a bachelors degree from a US accredited institution and are interested in pursuing a career in dietetics, you could apply for the Post- baccalaureate plan. Please read plan requirements to determine eligibility.

Sample Plan | Plan Requirements


Steps in obtaining a post-baccalaureate plan:

  • Attach a complete set of transcripts from every college or university attended.  Transcripts from coursework completed at the UH main campus are not required, however.

  • All foreign degrees must be evaluated by a CDR-Approved Nonprofit Validation Agency. The evaluation must include a listing of each course completed and the US equivalency, including numbers of hours and grade received. A list of approved agencies can be found on the American Dietetic Association website: http://www.eatright.org/.

  • If you are not a current or former UH student, you must apply through the Office of Admissions. Admission to the University of Houston is a separate process. http://www.uh.edu/admissions/

  • If you are a former UH student and have been out of the university for more than 13 months, you must re-apply as a former student through the Office of Admissions: http://www.uh.edu/admissions/apply/Re-apply-Former-Student/index.php

  • If you are a current UH student or a former UH student who has not been out of the university for more than 13 months, you may need to fill out a general petition to update your records. Please contact the program advisor for more information.

  • The department may request course descriptions or syllabi for courses completed elsewhere if further information is needed to determine equivalency.

Requirements for Earning a Verification Statement

A verification statement is an official document that certifies successful completion of a baccalaureate degree and the requirements of an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited program. A verification statement is required to qualify for application to a dietetic internship. UH students must complete the program with a GPA of 3.0 in the Didactic Program required coursework to qualify for a verification statement.

Steps to becoming a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN):

  • Completion of a bachelor's degree.

  • Request a completed Post Baccalaureate Plan for the Didactic Program in Dietetics from the Didactic Program Advisor at the University of Houston.
  • Complete the required academic courses specified on the plan.

  • Upon completion of the academic requirements on the plan, obtain a Verification Statement from the Didactic Program Director at the University of Houston.

  • Submit an application for entry into a supervised practice Dietetic Internship Program. A directory of supervised practice programs is available from the Didactic Program Director or may be obtained by contacting:

    Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
    120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000
    Chicago, Illinois 60606-6995
    Phone: 800/877-160

    Note: There are six dietetic internship programs available in the greater Houston/Galveston area. For specific information on these programs please contact the Dietetic Internship Director of the program of interest:

University of Houston 
4800 Calhoun
Houston, Texas 77204-6020

Texas Woman's University
1130 M.D. Anderson Boulevard 
Houston, TX 77030-2897 

Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
2002 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030-4298 
713-794-1414 ext. 5290 

University of Texas Health Science Center
School of Public Health
Human Nutrition Center, W 908RAS
1200 Herman Pressler Street
Houston, TX 77030

Prairie View A&M University
Department of Agriculture, Nutrition 
and Human Ecology
P.O. Box 519, Mail Stop 2004
Prairie View, TX 77446

The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Department of Nutrition and Metabolism
301 University Boulevard
Galveston, TX 77555-1124


  • After completion of a supervised practice program, successful writing of the Registration Examinations for Dietitians is required to obtain the title of Registered Dietitian (R.D.).

Agencies that evaluate international credentials

Your academic degree should be validated as equivalent to the bachelor’s or master’s degree conferred by a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. Some non-profit agencies that perform this specialized service are listed below. Contact the agency for current information, procedure and costs.

Credentials Evaluation Services, Inc. 
International Education Research Foundation 
P.O. Box 3665 
Culver City, CA 90231 

Josef Silny & Associates 
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102nd Avenue 
Miami, FL 33173 
Fax: 305/273-1338 or 273-1984 

World Education Services, Inc. (WES)
Bowling Green Station 
P.O. Box 5087 
New York, NY 10274-5087 

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. 
P.O. Box 514070 
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470 
Fax: 414/289-3411 

WES - Branch Offices: 
Chicago - 312/222-0882 
Miami - 305/358-6688 
Washington, DC - 202/331-2925 
San Francisco, CA - 415/677-9378 

Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. 
P.O. Box 6908 
Beverly Hills, CA 90212 
310/275-3530 or 800/234-1597 
Fax: 310/275-3528 

Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. 
P.O. Box 6756 
Beverly Hills, CA  90212 
310/550-3305 or 888/263-2423 

International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. 
Barksdale Professional Center, Suite 109 
625 Barksdale Road 
Newark, DE 19711 
Fax: 302/737-8756 

Foreign Educational Document Service 
P.O. Box 4091 
Stockton, CA 95204 

Foundation for International Services, Inc. 
21540 30th Drive, SE, Suite 320 
Bothell, WA 98021 

If you would like to pursue an additional bachelor’s degree in nutrition, please visit the degree plan page.

One thought on “University Of Houston Post Bac Admissions Essay

Leave a comment

L'indirizzo email non verrà pubblicato. I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *