Your browser is not secure
You're seeing this page because your web browser tried to connect to Warwick's website with insecure settings. Please upgrade your web browser.
The TLS 1.0 encryption protocol is disabled across the University's web services. Disabling TLS 1.0 prevents it from being used to access Warwick websites via an insecure web browser or application. We've made this change to keep the University's websites safe and secure.
What do I need to do?
When accessing websites using a web browser, ensure you use the latest available version of the browser – whether that is Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or another browser. Using the latest version keeps you safe online because you're using the most up-to-date security settings.
Why is this happening?
Although TLS 1.0, when configured properly, has no known security vulnerabilities, newer protocols are designed better to address the potential for new vulnerabilities.
The PCI Data Security Standard 3.1 recommends disabling “early TLS”:
“SSL and early TLS are not considered strong cryptography and cannot be used as a security control after June 30, 2016 [without a mitigation strategy for disabling it before June 2018].
The best response is to disable SSL entirely and migrate to a more modern encryption protocol, which at the time of publication is a minimum of TLS v1.1, although entities are strongly encouraged to consider TLS v1.2.”
We need to be PCI-compliant to take online payments at the University. It is not sufficient to merely disable TLS 1.0 on our transaction tracking system as the requirement extends to any system that initiates a payment, including car parking, printer credits, the Warwick website, etc.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Online Shopping
Advantages and disadvantages of online shopping
Recently shopping online has become very popular because of the vast availability of internet. Online shopping is one kind of E-business where one consumer can directly shop over the internet. Ebay and Amazon are the 2 most popular and trusted website for shopping online. Millions of products are sold all over the world through this E-business model.
Most of the people prefer to shop online because searching a product online is very easy and relatively less time consuming. Besides products are usually sold at a cheaper price in online. Besides these advantages, Shopping online has got many disadvantages as well.
In this Article I will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Shopping Online.
Advantages of online shopping
1. Finding a product online is much more easier than looking for it in the local store. You can search any product easily by using the search engine feature of a online shopping website. But in store you have to look for it until you find it. This is how you can save some valuable time.
2. Now it is very easy to shop online because of the availability of internet every where in the world.
3. You don't have to waste your time in going to store and standing in front of the crowd. Many people hate to search a product in the corners of a shop and stand in the line for paying the price. Shopping from the local store become more time consuming and expensive if you do not have your own car. You can solve all the above problems just by shopping online.
4. If you don't find a product than you can switch to a new shopping website without wasting your time. For example if you don't find the suitable product in E-bay, you can look for it in the amazon without wasting your time. On the other hand if you do not find any product in the store you have to go to other store which is more laborious and time consuming. Sometime you will be forced to buy inferior good from the local store.
5. You will enjoy the freedom of price flexibility. If you don't like the price of a product from an online shop, you can switch to other online to store to look for cheaper price. You can also follow this procedure in normal shop, but it would take more time and labor to do so.
6. Now a days shopping online is very reliable. The percentage of satisfaction is very high. This is why you would see most of the seller has 99%+ positive feedback.
7. Most of the store provides money back guarantee. Although it is very difficult to get back the money but most of the seller do provide money back grantee for a specific period of time.
8. You have infinite option to choose a product.
9. If you don't find any product within your country then you must need to shop online from a international store.
10. There are some product which you don't...
Loading: Checking Spelling0%